Social Media is changing constantly and you need to keep refining your strategies to get the best of your efforts. What worked last year may not work this year, so you need to keep testing new tips to always improve your social media performance. Consumers look at their phones an average of 150 times a day but how do you make your message stand out?
Here is a list of some of my social media tips that will help you build strong social media presence for your real estate office or brand in 2016.
1. 2016 is the year of visual content. Use images in social media to increase engagement and boost conversion. Social media users like images because they grab their attention before paying any attention to content. Research confirms that image-based posts are shared more than text-based posts or ads. So, make sure that you always use images.
2. Mix it up. Don’t stick to only one type of content, but try always to mix. What works on Instagram may not on Twitter or LinkedIn. Create smart content that is relevant for your audience on each platform
3. Keep an eye on your social media analytics. Learn what type of your content is generating more engagement. When you have the information, you can try to share more of that sort of content.
4. Use a CALL TO ACTION. No matter what social media network you are using, don’t forget to use a call to action. This will guide your fans to know what you expect from them to do next. Do you want your clients to call you? Send you a message? Click on your website? Have a clear button or link to let them know.
5. Be helpful. Add value to your followers by sharing valuable real estate, community or local content and information that would help them. It’s not always about you want to broadcast. Building an audience is like being a good friend –you need to have something interesting to say in order to be good company.
6. Engage and be real. Engage with your fans and show that your understand what is happening in their world. Be human and comment and answer your followers’ questions. Help them solve any issues they raise. Even better–tap into real world moments that show you can relate to your audience. For example, see Range Rover’s Tweet during #Blizzard2016. You are building a brand reputation and at the same time humanizing you brand. Also, stay away from stock photos.
7. Concentrate on 3 Social Media Platforms. You can have a social media profile in all social media networks, but not all of them fit your business and even if they do, you may not do well in all of them. So, choose two to three social media networks and focus on building your authority. For real estate I would recommend Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter. Eighty percent of LinkedIn users say they want to connect with companies and they are almost 50 percent more likely to buy from a company they engage with on LinkedIn. Better to be stand strong in three, than having seven but poorly performing in all of them.
When you implement social media efforts, understand that your strategy is helping your general marketing strategy to grow leads, accomplish sales and your business goals. We are in a new era of marketing and service in which your brand is increasingly shaped by your customers. Make sure you are part of the conversation.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.